Thursday, May 26, 2011

OK- "It's lean times, we need the income"- re: cholov stam (akum) Hashgochas

In a phone call I made to Reb Don Yoel Levy some time ago re: the cholov treif issue, Rabbi don Yoel Levy said that he spoke to Reb Zalman Nechemia Goldberg, Shlita & he asked him if it's only 1-2% incident can he rely on each bottle on safek? Reb zalman Nechemia replied "yes".



I Told Reb Don Yoel,  first of all, it's 4-8% but that's irrelevant as shishim is 1.66...% & Reb Don Yoel were you ever on a commercial farm, don't you see that it all goes into "holding tanks"? If there is no shishim in toto "which there defintly isn't" it's all Ossur without a safek. Reb Don Yoel said "OH!, I didn't realize that, Let me call you back soon. It's over 5 years and I'm still waiting for the call back.
BTW- The OK still certifies cholov treif as kosher because the procedured cows are not removed.

I discussed this matter with Rav Shmuel Wosner, Shlita and he said " It's cholov treifah". I spoke with Rav Eliyashev Shlita re: the issues He also said that he has gone through the issue thoroughly and concluded it's Cholov treif. He said further that one may not rely on the "Heter" that a Ruv in America wrote as it's not based on the correct facts nor on the Halacha, therefore it's not a psak only a heter that has no basis and should not be relied upon.

No comments: