Monday, September 26, 2011

Solgar Vitamin E from a Heimish store in Boro Park

See below - may question and the response from the Chof-K regarding Vitamin E that I bought in a "heimishe" store in Boro Park.

Hi, I recently bought a few bottlles of Solgar vitamins from a frum shop in Boro Park.  I assumed all were under hashgocho.  One of the items was the Vitamin E gelcaps, and they have no hashgocho.  The bottle says that it is \"suitable for vegetarians.\"  Can you give me some insight on why most other items have the chof K and this does not?  I'm just trying to figure out if I can use these.  Thanks,
Sholom,
The Vitamin E gelcaps are not Kosher. Approximately 50% of Solgar products are certified Kosher. The remainder are not certified each one for a different reason. In this case the product is made off-site in a facility that is non-Kosher due to non-Kosher being processed on the same equipment.


Ksivah V'Chasimah Tovah,
Sincerely,
Rabbi Pinchas E. Juravel
Kof-K Kosher Supervision- Kosher Coordinator
201 The Plaza
Teaneck,NJ 07666

No comments: